Leading Open Source Reporting software
JasperReports is a powerful open source Java reporting tool that has the ability to deliver rich content onto the screen, to the printer or into PDF, HTML, XLS, CSV and XML files.
BIRT is an open source, Eclipse-based reporting tool that integrates with your application to produce compelling reports for both web and PDF.
BIRT Release 1.0 provides core reporting features such as report layout, data access and scripting
The Pentaho BI Project is an ongoing initiative by the Open Source community to provide organizations with best-in-class solutions for their enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) needs. By leveraging the wealth of Open Source technologies and the contributions of the Open Source development community we are able to innovate much faster than commercial vendors. As a result, our goal is not only to provide an Open Source alternative, but to surpass all commercial offerings in terms of features, functions, and benefits.
Other Open Source Reporting software
JGraphX (aka JGraph 6) is the most powerful, easy-to-use and feature-rich open source (BSD) graph drawing component available for Java.
JFreeChart is a free Java class library for generating charts, including:
* pie charts (2D and 3D);
* bar charts (regular and stacked, with an optional 3D effect);
* line and area charts;
* scatter plots and bubble charts;
* time series, high/low/open/close charts and candle stick charts;
* combination charts;
* Pareto charts;
* Gantt charts;
* wind plots, meter charts and symbol charts;
* wafer map charts;
Other features offered by JFreeChart:
* complete source code is included, under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public Licence;
* access to data from any source via dataset interfaces;
* support for multiple secondary axes and datasets;
* tooltips, zooming, printing;
* direct export to PNG and JPEG;
* export to PDF via iText and SVG via Batik (both described in the JFreeChart Developer Guide).
* support for servlets, JSP (thanks to Cewolf), applets or client applications;
* comprehensive Javadocs;
JFreeReport is a free Java report library. It has the following features:
SpagoBI is an open source Business Intelligence platform which uses many FOSS tools as analytical engines, integrating them in an infrastructure which offers a cross-operativeness and a consistent vision between Report,OLAP,Data Mining,Dashboard and over the DWHSpagoBI is a Business Intelligence Free Platform which uses many FOSS tools as analytical engines, integrating them in an infrastructure which offers a cross-operativeness and a consistent vision between Report,OLAP,Data Mining,Dashboard and over the DataWarehouse.